Alex's Wishlist » 2017
- Case for a Samsung Galaxy S6
Headlamp 2A+ charger: I haven't read the whole article yet, but wirecutter suggests Anker PowerPort 4. I didn't see a single-port option reviewed; either single-port or multi-port, or both, would be useful, I think. Battery pack– I'm looking for something pocket size, reasonably fast, and with 2Ah+ capacity. I haven't read the whole article yet, but wirecutter's suggestion of the Jackery Bolt seems tentatively good. The Tronsmart Presto is also a contender, but since my phone only supports QC2, I'm not sure the charging speed helps, and I think I prefer the more square cross-section of the Bolt and lighter weight. Portable speaker: wirecutter has a review. I haven't yet read it completely, and I suspect I may have different size, volume, etc. tradeoffs, but I'll try to update in the next couple of daysbut having tested its recommendation, the UE Roll 2, it seems like it works well for the main uses I expect.
- Thin, warm-ish gloves
- Chocolate is always good.
- Costco's chocolate covered (or plain) dried mangoes are also tasty.
- Tea is good, though I've got a pretty solid (some might say excessive) assortment already, so maybe only if you've got something particularly interesting and different in mind? I think Dad used to have a black orange spice tea that was good; something similar (especially if decaf) would be nice.
- TV shows
- Orphan Black, seasons 4–5
- Gunnerkrigg Court Vol. 6: Dissolve (hardcover)
- Order of the Stick: Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails, Start of Darkness, and On the Origin of PCs
- If you're feeling creative, I like lots of sci-fi and fantasy (and some other things).
- I also have an Amazon wishlist that has some more books (and other things) that have been recommended to me, though the non-fiction books may make more sense to get from a library.
- Board games
- I'm particularly fond of cooperative games these days. Hanabi is great, but I own it. Pandemic is good, but we own it and (sorta) all three of the expansions. Ditto Eldritch Horror (well, most of the expansions). Ditto Sentinels of the Multiverse (I have all of SotM, though not Sentinels Tactics).
- Spirit Island
- Pandemic spinoffs might be cool – I've never played any, but The Cure and
Iberiaseem reasonably highly rated on Board Game Geek, and I've seen people playing the former. (Update: I now own Pandemic Iberia and have played it. It's good.)
- However, my household already owns many games
- Jonathan Coulton
For current list see: http://www.dehnerts.com/~alex/meta/wishlist/